The long-established IGA Family Weekend will run from Friday, August 2 to Sunday, 4, 2019, on the site of Rogers Cup presented by National Bank. There are tons and tons of fun activities in store for the young and young at heart. And the best part? They’re all free! Here are the top ten reasons why you can’t miss the IGA Family Weekend.
- Because you’ll have the chance to meet superheroes Captain Marvel, Batman, Spiderman and Darth Vader. But that’s not all: there’ll also be face painting and bounce houses!
- Because your entire family can cheer on our chefs and athletes at the Duel des chefs IGA, a fun head-to-head that will test their creativity and cooking skills.
- Because there’ll be a LEGO workshop for kids, who’ll get to take their creations home with them (yes, really!).
- Because you can grab a front row seat to watch players compete in challenges at the Rogers Cup Olympics and even meet some of your favourites at the autograph sessions.
- Because your favourite hockey players will also be on hand to take part in the ball-hockey match presented by Knapper at 2 p.m. on Saturday, August 3 on National Bank Court.
- Because, to celebrate the 40th edition of Rogers Cup, we’ve organized the Conférence 40e and assembled panels of players and former tournament directors to discuss how the event has evolved over the years. Stay for the official draw in the Salon VIP BMW and a quick question and answer session with a player!
- Because there are so many draws and door prizes to be won, including tickets to Rogers Cup.
- Because you could be front and centre for the quarter-finals and semi-finals of the Other Rogers Cup celebrity tournament held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on National Bank Court. Our local stars may not be as talented as the ATP aces but they’re just as fun and competitive. You won’t want to miss it!
- Because you can catch some of the world’s best tennis players training on the outer courts or fighting in the qualifying event for a spot in the main draw of Rogers Cup presented by National Bank. Talented players will be hitting the courts, and the competition promises to be fierce.
- Because all these great activities are totally free. Get your ticket (no charge, of course!) at the IGA Stadium gates any day this weekend.
Do we still need to convince you that the IGA Family Weekend is not to be missed?! We didn’t think so. Can’t wait to see you there from August 2 to 4!